In this episode, we discussed how someone, regardless of their background, can get into data science. The topics include the necessary skills and knowledge he/she need to be equipped with as well as recommendations on whether to choose boot camp, official degree program or self-learning to get started. We also briefly touched on what you need to do for your project portfolio, to improve your chances during job interviews.
- Learn Mathematics (Khan Academy, MIT - Linear Algebra, MIT-Calculus)
- Open Datasets (UCI Irvine Machine Learning Repository, Kaggle, SF City Open Data Sets, Singapore Open Data)
- Starting the Artificial Intelligence Learning Journey (Blog Post)
- How to Prepare Your Data Science Resume and Portfolio (Blog Post)
- Selecting Data Science Boot Camp/Training (Blog Post)
- Starting Your Data Science Project (Blog Post)
What is shared is to the best of our knowledge at the time of recording. We strongly encourage our listeners to continue seeking more knowledge from other resources.
Have fun in your learning journey and thanks for choosing us as learning companions. Please feel free to give us your feedback through our Linkedin (Koo and Thu Ya) or Google Form.